Skip to main content

Rose's Lament

Here is something new I'm working on. This is all I have so far and I'm trying to see where I want to take it. I'm exploring a lot more magical creatures and this one has faeries in it! By the way, faeries are the evil ones who steal children and fairies are the good ones like tinkerbell.
(Title is based off a song I was listening too and not the actual title yet)

I can see how happy you are but I just feel so... sad.

The girl in the pastel blue dress sat on a swing set alone on this friday night, not unlike many other friday nights. She swung so slowly her feet barely graze the wood chips beneath her. Her long brown hair hung in braided pigtails over the front of her dress.

“You look cute tonight,” A boy said as he walked up and sat in the swing next to her. She glanced up through her eyelashes in acknowledgement. “So what's going on in faerie world tonight?” He looked at her from his seat.

“Shhh,” The girl said harshly pointing at the flowers at the edge of the forest. There dancing among the flowers were small lights. Any ordinary person would dismiss them as simple fireflies but a true observer would not that fireflies flew much higher than these small dancing lights.

Amongst the flowers little creatures flitted along petals and leaves doing faerie things not noticing the human observers except one. This small garden faerie saw the human girl often. She always wore a blue dress and her hair in braids. However she was always to afraid to go up and talk to the human girl. Even when the human girl sat alone on the swings observing the faeries, this little pink garden faerie refused to make her presence known.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Crossed Academy Script: Episode 2.

Have a Star Crossed Academy Script! I welcome suggestions!! Please suggest things and critque it! SCA Late Night Report (Star Crossed Academy) Aqua (host of show, very dry and sarcastic smooth voice Orrr use my sassy-ish princess style voice with the sarcasm): Hello and welcome Star Crossed Academy to another late night report. I’m your host aqua speaking and boy do we have a packed full broadcast for you tonight.             First off I would like to make a quick announcement. My producer so kindly informed me that it’s actually new student season. Which …. Makes sense because we've been getting a lot of dumb questions submitted lately. Well on the behalf of the entire crew here at the SCA Late-Night Report welcome new students! And remember to tune into the Late Night Report every weekend, so you can stay up to date with the school and any warnings we may have for you. ...what? I’m not going to apologize for what I said last week. Deal with it Knight.

Word Count Friday!

What am I working on? I'm working on more scripts for Star Crossed Weekly Report AGAIN!! This is hopefully gonna be my narrative thing. Cause ehhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! How do I feel about this process?  It takes a dang while! I'm using a lot of talk to text things cause its easier to get my ideas down and then go back and refine and add more details to make it all sound perf! What am I reading? Fanfictions cause I be procrastinating my homeworks for everything.

Camera Flashes

“So how do you think it works?” the teen boy asked his friends. Of course the one time Jonah decided to actually go on of the group's random hikes weird shit happens. It wasn’t going to be a tough hike, just a nice forested walk to the mountains and then a gentle incline to a cool cave. Jonah assumed because it was going to be easy it would be like when they hung out at the mall: just walking and talking. Not this time. Of course when the group of four reached the top of one of the small inclines near the cave there was a creepy free floating camera in the dead center of the rocky path. The old Polaroid seemed to be free of strings and a pedestal as it hung suspended five feet off the ground. The teens had been frozen in shock and no one murmured a sound for a few minutes when they had first come upon the scene. Now, however, the boys and girl fidgeted after Jonah broke the awkward and mostly freaked out silence. “Go touch it Eric,” Marie, a small blonde girl, said po